Nowadays eCommerce business is rapidly growing in Poland. Most small and big merchants are shifting their business online. So if you are thinking to start your eCommerce business. You will require a payment gateway provider for accepting online payments from your customers.
A payment gateway not only allows you to accept online payments. But it also lets you manage your transactions easily. And track your sales volumes. With a lot of information available on the internet, selecting the right online payment providers for your website can be a little confusing. So let us understand the concept of a payment gateway.
A payment gateway functions as a mediator between a merchant and a consumer. And that allows the customers to make the payments by providing payment options. It is a third party that enables the customer to pay. And it allows the merchant to accept payments in a safe and secure environment. It is like how you make the payment at any physical store by swiping the card. And now you are making a digital payment on the website.
Some necessary parameters while selecting a payment gateway provider are as follows.
1. Onboarding Time. Getting started with all the formalities of the payment gateway of your eCommerce business cannot be a hurdle. And there are some payment gateways with a time-consuming onboarding process. That will take around one month to approve your merchant account. Sometimes you may have to provide a long list of business proofs or physical documents. So if you are new to the eCommerce business, the delay may affect your sales volume. You will have to choose an international payment gateway provider that has fast onboard services. As it almost takes less than a week to approve a merchant account. And the document submission and verification process should be online.
2. Online Security. Nowadays, many online frauds are increasing rapidly as data breaches. Identity theft, and hacking as well. So, it is necessary to ensure the payment gateway. What you are going to use provides high-level security also. You should audit all the security measures that will prevent any fraud. The one thing that should be on your checklist at first when you are looking for a payment gateway is the PCI DSS certificate. Because a PCI DSS compliant payment gateway will provide you with a valuable feature. And informs customers about their safety in transactions of your business.
3. Easy Integration. It is essential to check if the payment gateway supports your website or app platform.
Does it consist of a plugin for your shopping cart?
Does it include mobile SDKs for your app?
Do they provide you with technical assistance? If your payment gateway includes all these features, you can continue working with it.
4. Payment Modes. Having various payment options makes it easy for your customers to complete the transaction in their desired mode of payment
1. Settlement Period. The settlement period is the duration within which a merchant receives the money. That a customer pays for the purchase made on the eCommerce store. You will have to discuss your settlement period. But may you will have to pay extra charges if you want that your funds are settled in less time. Most payment gateway providers have a settlement time of T+1, T+2, T+3, and so on. And T stands for transaction date plus no. of days.
2. Customer Service. If your account is approved, and you have done with the integration of the payment gateway on your website. But what if you are stuck with an issue and unable to get support from your payment gateway provider? Then your payment gateway provider should provide you with customer service to solve your problems. They should be available 24*7 via email and chat. After all this, the customer support team can make or break the company's reputation.
3. Costs. Your last priority should be the cost of your payment gateway. So you will need to compare the pricing of all the gateways and then find which one is affordable or fits in your budget. Some payment gateways charge annual maintenance fees and set up fees. You should ensure that there are no hidden or e0xtra charges. Because they can impact your profit margin. And you will need to research if they provide any personalized rates for particular transactions.
InstantCharge has all of the above features in its payment gateways. And more than you will require to accept online payments for your eCommerce business. For more information, you can visit our website and contact us anytime. You can acquire your online business with suitable payment gateway providers that can deliver the best payment services.
All brand names and logos are the property of their respective owners,are used for information purposes only, and do not imply Product endorsement or affiliation with Instantcharge.Co. The Holder of Instantcharge.Co is offering Leading Merchant’s Payment processing Solutions with affiliation of various banks and acquirers as registered ISO. New applicants are subject to conditions and approval of the application by Instantcharge.Co and it's partnering banks or acquirers.